Guide for Contributors to 2014 JEDS, Volume II
The 2015 JEDS (Volume III) will be limited to scholarly submissions emerging through those presenting at the 2014 World Dance Alliance Global Assembly held in Angers, France. (http://wdaglobalsummit2014.
JEDS elicits articles contributing original scholarship from emerging scholars in the discipline of dance. Authors must be currently pursuing a graduate degree (M.A., M.F.A., Ph.D., or equivalent) or within 5 years of having graduated with a completed degree (the degree does not need to be in dance, but the article must be focused on dance as an evolving discipline). All articles must be submitted in English at this time. We hope to open the journal to more languages as we find interested editors in differing geographical locations.
Manuscripts should contribute innovative scholarship into contemporary or historical dance, research methodologies, critical choreographic analysis, ethnographic studies, pedagogical practices, or other topics opening insights into the field of dance. Research should be original and supported by outside resources. All quotes from research participants must show compliance with Institutional Human Subjects Review procedures.
Submissions must comply with the following procedures:
- Create a separate title page with your name, manuscript title, status and name of institutional affiliation (current graduate student institutional status or number of years since graduation with current institutional employment or name of institution granting degree), and current contact information (email address, home address, phone).
- Manuscripts should be typewritten in 12-point Arial Font, double-spaced with one-inch margins, and only left margin justification. Manuscripts should have a minimum of 5,000 words and a maximum of 7,000 words. All manuscripts must be submitted in English at this time.
- Notes and references must follow either APA or Chicago citation style
(See: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ or http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/02/ for specifics.)
- All visual materials must be submitted in digital form: 1200 dpi for line art and 300 dpi for photographs; TIFF or JPEG are the preferred formats. All visuals must be embedded within the text. Authors must obtain permission to publish illustrative materials if by individuals other than themselves and include this information under each visual. Authors will be required to sign a statement that all visuals are original or have received permission from the original source. (See 2013 JEDS for examples.)
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract of 100-150 words and biographical information of no more than 100 words to include current evidence of expertise in the topic of the article and graduate school affiliation.
- Article manuscripts must be accompanied by a statement from the author assuring that the submission has not been published, submitted, or accepted for publication elsewhere.
The World Dance Alliance copyrights each issue of the journal as a collective work; individual authors retain rights to their individual works. Authors have the right to republish their work, but must give credit to the JEDS original publication.
Manuscripts and any questions about submission procedures should be submitted online to either of the editors:
Dr. Urmimala Sarkar (World Dance Alliance – Asia Pacific, firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Dr. Linda Caldwell (World Dance Alliance – Americas, email@example.com)